The Earth

The Earth
The Earth where we live in.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Scientific Summer



          Scuba Diving is really fun! I went scuba diving on one of the Croatian islands. It's name was Mali Losinj. The weather was really sunny, while I got my gear on (6 kg.) and dove into the blue water. It was an unforgettable experience for me (and my scuba diving teacher). We dove the depth of 5 meters and saw a lot of interesting things (including fish and other cool Adriatic sea things).

          Scuba Diving is also scientific: it deals with pressure. Pressure underwater is higher than pressure on land, so if your ears are not covered you may feel a bit of pain. If that happens you just have to close your ears with your hands. "Pressure is the force per unit area applied in a direction perpendicular to the surface of an object" states Wikipedia. Now you know that scuba diving is not only fun but also scientific.


No comments:

Post a Comment